A quiz with answers on Independence Day is a great addition to any Fourth of July party or celebration. There's nothing more fun than gathering a few friends and family members together, barbecuing some steaks and burgers and playing a few rounds of trivia about America's birthday.
About Independence Day
Every year on July 4th, American residents and citizens celebrate this country's adoption of the Declaration of Independence, which occurred on the same date in 1776. It is commonly known as the Fourth of July or the birthdate of the United States of America. It is a federal holiday, which means all non-essential federal offices are closed, including the U.S. Post Office, banks, and state and local government offices. Most workers who are given the day off work also receive wages for that day. All federal holidays are designated by the U.S. Congress.
Because many workers have the day off -- and because it is in the middle of summer when most children are out of school -- communities and families all over the country hold celebrations. Events associated with this holiday include:
- Baseball games
- Trips to the beach
- Family reunions
- Political ceremonies and speeches
Creating a Quiz with Answers on Independence Day
You can print the Fourth of July quiz below or make up your own to stump your family, friends and coworkers. A few things to keep in mind include:
- Accuracy: Make sure your answers are correct; don't assume or guess
- Age level: Keep the questions and answers all on the same age/grade level
- Challenging: You want to keep your guests entertained, so throw in a few easy questions with those tough ones; makes the quiz fun
- Amount of questions: Make sure you have a lot of questions handy; at least 10-15 (or more!!); award prizes for team that does the best
LoveToKnow Printable Independence Day Quiz
Print LoveToKnow's Quiz with Answers on Independence Day to distribute at your gathering this summer. You may be surprised at how much you know -- or don't know -- about the Fourth of July. These questions are geared toward older children and adults. If you need help downloading the printable, check out these helpful tips.